When converting TIFF photos into the JPEG XL format, I’m now looking for a dependable converter that can successfully preserve the 16-bit depth. I tried using XnConvert, but it seems to have an 8-bit restriction. As a result, I’m searching for a different approach that enables a smooth transition while maintaining the high-quality 16-bit depth.
I’m also interested in learning more about the best configurations for TIFF storage of scanned images. This factor is essential since it requires finding the ideal compromise between preserving image quality and guaranteeing manageable file sizes.
I would be very grateful if you could provide your insight on these issues.
The best method for converting TIFF photos to JPEG XL format depends on your requirements and how much control you want to have over the conversion. You can select one out of two methods mentioned below:
1. Manual Conversion using Software for Image Editing
- You can use an image editing program like
Adobe Photoshop to open the TIFF file.
Save As or
Export and select JPEG XL as the destination format. Adjust the quality and compression settings as necessary.
- This will provide you full control over compression parameters offered by this technology, allowing for exact customization to achieve the ideal ratio of smaller files to preserved image quality.
- This is the best approach for situations when you need exact control over the conversion process and fine-tuned image quality modifications.
2. Using Specialised Software for Batch Conversion
- Second method is to use batch conversion programs such as
XnConvert, or similar programs. These tools make it easier to convert many TIFF files to JPEG XL at once.
- You just need to choose a format and set the batch-wide quality parameters.
- This method will effectively save your time and simplifying the procedure when converting a large number of photographs at once.
- This is the best option for situations when you have a large image collection that needs to be converted consistently or a lot of TIFF files to manage.
In the end, it all depends upon your needs and requirements. Image editing software for manual conversion is the best option if you want exact control over the conversion process and the ability to adjust image quality. Software for batch conversion is a useful option for managing a big collection of images in an efficient manner.
Can I use online servies to convert TIFF images to JPEG XL format?
Yes, you can use online converting tools like
CloudConvert. All you have to do is upload your TIFF files, choose JPEG XL as the output format, and start the conversion.
Well, it has the benefit that you do not need to install any software and these services are convenient and easy to use. Ideal for fast, one-time conversions. But can be useful only when converting a limited number of TIFF files and preferring simplicity of use over deep customization.
Yeah! Thats what exactly I need. Thank you so much for your help.