Why does FFmpeg fail to convert some files from mp4 to ts?

I have some mp4 files without sound I wish to convert to TS, for this I concatenate them, using this: Concatenate – FFmpeg
I used the following command:

ffmpeg -i input1.mp4 -c copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts intermediate1.ts
Some files were successfully converted, however, a couple of them produced the error 0xc00d36c4 when opened. Any specific reason for this?

1 Like

It seems that you are using the correct command to convert an MP4 file to MPEG-TS format. The -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb option is used to make sure that the H.264 video codec is in the Annex B format, which is required for MPEG-TS. The -c copy option is used to copy the video and audio streams without re-encoding.

But still, there are many reasons why FFmpeg might not be able to convert a specific MP4 file to TS. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the version of FFmpeg that you are using. Older versions of FFmpeg may not support some MP4 files.
    Try: ffmpeg -version

2. Make sure that you have the necessary codecs installed on your system. Some MP4 files may use codecs that are not supported by FFmpeg or are not installed on your system.

3. Make sure that the MP4 file is not corrupted. Try playing the file in a media player to see if it plays correctly. If the file is corrupted, it may not be possible to convert it using FFmpeg.

You can use the debug option when running FFmpeg to get more detailed information about the conversion process. This can help you identify any issues with the input file or the conversion process.

Or you can try using a different tool to convert the MP4 file to TS. Many other tools can perform this conversion, such as HandBrake, VLC, and Miro Video Converter.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.