How to play a video URL with the .m3u8 extension in the browser?

I have a video URL that ends with.m3u8, I don’t know how to play it in my web browser.

It seems that the video is in HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) format which is natively supported by the Safari browser only so if you are using the Safari web browser then you can directly play the video.
If you are using any other browser then you will need a web video player to play the video. You just need to write a few lines of HTML code and then load the HTML file into your browser and it will be able to play the video.
A few open-source video players are mentioned below.

1. VideoJS
  2. Plyr

Vist the below link for more information regarding .m3u8:

Thanks for your response!
Also, can you give a clue on how to play a video URL with the .mpd extension in the browser?

Sure!

Videos with MPEG-DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP) format are delivered with the .mpd extension.
You will not be able to play the video directly in any browser. You will need a web video player to play the video.
You just need to write a few lines of HTML code and then load the HTML file into your browser and it will be able to play the video.
A few open-source video players are mentioned below.

1. DashJS
  2. Shaka Player

I hope now your query is resolved. If not, do let us know!
Thanks

I am no longer able to locate the m3u8 option as a share url. Is there another way to access it?

@Law, you can find all the relevant URLs on the video details page.

Feel free to check this video:

Hello Anshul,

I do not see the m3u8 url as an option.

I decided to go with gumlet because it provided m3u8 url.

Please advise.

Thanks
Lawrence

Hello Anshul,

Please look at my account and you will notice the m3u8 url is not available in my account unlike what was scene in the video you provided me.

Thanks again !

Lawrence

@Law, can you reach out to chat support, so that we can check your account and let you know the issue? It’s mostly because you may have selected the mp4 version instead of the HLS option in the video processing profile.

Learn more about output formats here - Processing Settings